Yikes, I've been tagged. So, here are eight random facts about me:
1. I lived in the same house from the time I was four years old until college. Since then, I've lived in seven different apartments /houses (including my current house, but not including college dorms). My parents still live in the house I grew up in.
2. Despite an excessive love of sweets, I didn't get my first cavity until I was 31. Yes, the fact that I said "first" means there have been more than one since then.
3. There are or have been at least five Lutheran pastors in my extended family, including my dad and my sister. I say "at least" because I've probably forgotten some.
4. I successfully kept my toenails polished (by myself) until the week I delivered my second baby last summer. If you've ever been pregnant, you understand what a challenge this was.
5. A long time ago, I taught preschool.
6. Some of the career options I considered at least somewhat seriously during college included: kindergarten teacher, magazine editor, magazine writer, high-school English teacher, arts journalist, art museum curator, juvenile/family court attorney, and clinical psychologist. I changed my major at least three times, and ultimately double-majored in English and psychology. All this vocation ambivalence may help explain my lack of extreme commitment and investment in my career today. There are just too many other things I find interesting in life to be passionate about one career I settled on at age 22. Too bad about those psychology-grad-school loans.
7. I have a terrible memory for plot lines in movies and books. It is not unusual for me to have no recollection, later on, how a particular movie turned out (unless it's a fave I've seen more than once), even one that I've seen fairly recently, like in the past year or two. Sometimes I can't even remember if I've seen a particular movie at all. Of course, these days I don't go to many movies. But still.
8. In 1998, before I developed arthritis and chronic foot pain, I ran the Chicago Half-Marathon.
I don't know eight other bloggers to tag who haven't already been tagged by someone else, so....sorry.