Monday, December 03, 2012

I'm Not Complaining. But My Kids are Mad.

It's December. In Minnesota. And yet, this morning I realized that it was indeed appropriate weather to wear the J. Crew Factory 'Winnie' pants I got an amazingly good deal on earlier this autumn (sorry, that sale is long gone) and have not worn since warmer days--pants that are lightweight, unlined, and cropped = necessitating bare ankles and cute flats.

So I put this outfit on.


And then a little while later I went out to the mailbox without donning a coat. And felt 100% comfortable.

Our town's annual holiday Winter Walk happens later this week. In previous years we've been bundled in parkas, snow boots, and every winter accessory known to man (or at least Minnesotans): hats, scarves, earmuffs, giant mittens. I wonder if this year I'll be wearing Minnetonka moccasins and a light trench.

(Not really. By nightfall that day it'll be chilly. But I am guessing not ten degrees with a foot of snow on the ground.)

Happy Spring! Er...Merry Christmas!

No comments: